Friday, May 2, 2008

The Tomato Plant

Sorry I haven't posted for the last few days. I've been busy/sick. Here's another story.

I walked onto the barren farmland, no form of life except one tomato plant. A man came out from the nearby farmhouse with a feather duster. He then proceeded to brush the tomato plant's leaves.
"Excuse me, but what is it you're doing?" I asked
"Just dusting the crops." he said nonchalantly.
"Looks like you're dusting the crop."
"Well, even if there's just one, I need to clean it. plants get awfully dirty, you know."
"That may be because they live in dirt."
"Probably." He put the duster in his carrying pouch and took out a bottle of windex and a rag. He started to spray and wipe the tomatoes.
"Why must you windex the tomatoes?"
"Why must you ask so many questions? Shoo! I'm busy!" He put the rag back in the pouch and went back to the house.
"I wonder..." I walked to the plant and picked a tomato. I took a bite. It was the most disgusting thing I've ever tasted.

I got the idea for this story from the comic HERE.

No comments: