Monday, June 2, 2008

Prequel to the Elevator Story

I decided to add on to a story that I wrote (gasp!). This is what happens right before the elevator story.

I'm late. I need to get to work FAST. I run through the city streets, scalding coffee in one hand, briefcase in the other. Why must I run to this job? I'd rather literally put my nose to a grindstone than figuratively. Nothing but a dead end job with a stupid boss. I feel like I'm in a Dilbert cartoon, but this is cruel reality. There are no punch lines here. Everyone on the street has a place to be, probably a place that they hate. Why am I out here wasting my life away?!? I could be a sailor, or a race car driver... But no. I have neither the will nor the personality for those jobs. My job is perfect for the dull lowlife that I am. I can see the office building in the distance. Is it worth going to work today? Should I go back home even though I'm almost there? No. I'm going in today. I somehow feel that something good will happen...

No comments: