Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Bugs

I must admit that I feel very similar to this character...

I hate nature. I feel that it's out to get me. Whenever I'm outside, I find some mosquito or anthill at my feet. I HATE bugs. I have nightmares about them crawling up my legs and covering me. I shudder to think about it. This is why I'm in the fetal position on a park bench. If my feet don't touch the ground, then bugs are less likely to get to me. I really don't want to be here, but my friend is playing guitar here in Central Park for a little extra cash. I like to walk through the park, but when I have to sit down, then I am more accessible to those evil creatures. Oh God! There's one next to my neck!...Killed it. I feel sorry for it. It isn't its fault that it's disgusting. Oh no. What if they come looking for the bug that I squished and find its broken body? They'll know it was me! They'll band together and crawl over me and bite me! How much longer do I have until my doom?!? I have to get out of here! I get to my feet and start to run away. I yell to my friend that I have to go. I can't take any chances. I need to get to my apartment. My sweet bug-free apartment... Or is it?

No comments: