Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Running After Midnight

I asked my friend to give me a topic to write a scene about. He said to write about running after midnight (apparently a song name). It's not really a great story, but I think it's pretty good for just getting the picture.


I woke up in a cold sweat. It was 1:30 AM, but I needed to get up. I rolled out of bed and got on my socks and running shoes. I crept out of the house, closing the doors as quietly as possible. I got on the street and broke into a sprint as if I wasn't half-asleep. I ran like I was chased by a boulder. I couldn't run during the day because of the heat, so I had to get my exercise at night. But I was so tired... I slowed down to a jog, then a complete stop. I needed to rest. "I'll just take a nap on the grass here..."

I wake up again, noticing the sun, and look at my watch. Oh crap! I'm already an hour late for school!

No comments: